Environmental, Health, Safety and Product Stewardship Policy
Owens Corning is committed to the principles of environmental sustainability, product stewardship and to the safety and health of our employees. To ensure a continuing commitment to these principles, Owens Corning is dedicated to:
Safety and Health
- Providing safe working conditions.
- Promoting the health and well-being of our employees.
Environmental Protection and Sustainability
- Conserving resources, preventing waste, reducing greenhouse gases, and protecting the environment and our local communities.
- Continual improvement in our EHS performance and pollution-prevention efforts.
- Providing products that are safe and environmentally sound to make, use, and dispose of; and that perform as claimed.
- Providing useful information on the performance and safe use of our products.
To assure implementation of these principles, this Policy includes the following requirements:
- Owens Corning operations shall comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws, regulations and legal requirements, and all other EHS standards and guidelines to which the Company subscribes;
- All “New and Significantly Modified Existing Products” must obtain a documented Product Stewardship Review prior to commercialization.