Building and Restoring Communities
As a global leader in building materials and composite solutions, we know our products can make a significant impact in the areas of critical needs shelters and safe, efficient housing for those in need. Donations of building materials are focused in support of that strategy in several key areas:
- Building and rehabilitation of safe, efficient housing for those in need
- Neighborhood revitalization projects
- Revitalization of shelters and community centers
- Disaster relief
Owens Corning has partnered with organizations such as Habitat for Humanity®, HomeAid, Good360 and World Vision to help coordinate the distribution of product donations.
In 2013, Owens Corning donated enough shingles to re-roof 289 homes and enough insulation to insulate 3,500 homes for those in need. (Based on 25 squares of shingles for a 2,000 sq. ft. home and 1,500 lbs. insulation per home).
Product Donation Requests
If you can answer “yes” to the four questions below, you may qualify to receive donated product from Owens Corning.
- Is your organization a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization?
- Will the product requested be used for one of the following:
- Sheltering or providing basics needs for otherwise homeless individuals?
- Providing safe, affordable housing for those in need?
- Revitalizing neighborhoods in areas of need?
- Providing home repair for those in need?
- Is your request specific, including product name and quantity?
- Are you able to pick up donated product?
If you were able to answer “yes” to each of the four questions above, please proceed to the link below to submit a request.
If Owens Corning is able to support your request, you will be contacted within 30 days.
REQUEST A PRODUCT DONATION